Acrylic pen on polypropelene paper, wall painting (2019 -)
The Entanglements series of line drawings form a sort of diagram of the philosophical and emotional backdrop to the rest of Gretta Louw's practice. Each drawing in the ongoing series depicts a web of interwoven strands of something that might be cables, tentacles, threads, or vines. Tangled and knotted together the works suggest both ropes that bind and ties that connect us; hopelessly - or hopefully - entangled.
- Marvelous Eruptings in the Everyday, SAP Space, curated by Sarah Davies, Berlin, 2023
- Beyond the Matter: Impressions of Eva Hesse, Galerie der Kuenstler, curated by Katie Britchford, Munich, 2023
- Hope on the Edge, Yvonne Hohner Contemporary, curated by Anabel Roque Rodriguez, Karlsruhe, 2022
- Automatic Dreams, Galerie Wundersee, curated by Florian Kuhlmann, Dusseldorf, 2021
- Install photos at Galerie der Kuenstler by Leonie Felle
- Selected photos by Andreas Wundersee